Congratulations

Latest news about this forum.
Beanie

Congratulations

Postby Beanie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Good to see this up and running. Well done everyone invovled in bringing back this forum

MrTumble

Re: Congratulations

Postby MrTumble » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Thanks Beanie,

We've tried to let as many people know about it but there's not been much activity over the Christmas period so far. Bit of luck it will pick up as spring arrived and people start hitting the streets again.

Best wishes for 2017.

Mr Tumble

OzBoi

Postby OzBoi » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:04 am

Has brought a tear to my eye.

Been over 10 years since I skated on Serpentine Road, and probably 3 odd years since I have skated, but I have very fond memories of the forum and my time skating in the UK.

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Being away from the Serpentine is no excuse - pull yourself together man!!!

Get yourself a pair of SUV skates like the Powerslide Metropolis and skate the Outback. :twisted:

http://powerslide.com/en/products/inlin ... ine-skates

Cinders

Postby Cinders » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:15 pm

I'm so happy to see this forum again. I too spent many happy hours skating in Hyde Park over the years. I also took many lessons in Hyde Park and it was where I took my first strides! :D
I haven't skated much over the past three or four years and last year moved out of London altogether. I now live near Bournemouth in Southbourne and over the last few weeks decided to dust off the skates and take a ride along the promenade. It was fun but I must say I struggled with the road surface which was very rough and not as smooth as Serpentine road. Not that Serpentine road was that good but the promenade was worse. Having said that I am much out of practice and hoping that if I can work on my skills and general fitness I will start to find it easier!
Here's hoping lots of skaters find this site. :D

MrTumble

Postby MrTumble » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:16 am

Hi Cinders,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you're getting back out on your skates again, :D looking forward to flailing about all over the South East this summer myself. Let us know if you find a good skate spot around Southbourne/Eastbourne.

Return to “Announcments”